Woodditton Walk 3
Wodditton walk 3
- Commence walk beside 'The Elms' (image 1) off The Street, Saxon Street.
- Carry on through the Kissing gate (image 2) then straight by the stud houses and beside the stud fields.(image 3)
- Cross the stud road (image 4) and walk beside fields on the right until you come to the gate.(image 5)
- Once through the gate, either go straight across the field or to the right around the field and alongside Parsonage Farm duck pond.(image 6)
- Go through the gap in the hedge (image 7) - left goes by footpath to Kirtling, but we will go right to the top of Parsonage Lane Woodditton.
- At the top of the lane turn right for about 150m (image 8). Carefully cross the road and continue following the footpath signs down 'Chalky Road'.
- At the end of the road turn right along The Icknield Way (an old Roman way)(image 9). This takes you through open countryside with beautiful views.
- Follow the footpath sign (image10) to take you across a grass field and through a Kissing gate.(image 11) Take care when crossing this road into Saxon Street. Here you could walk up the road and through The Street passing the Children’s playground and The Reindeer Public House - but there are very dangerous bends to manoeuvre with no footpath. Better to cross the road and carry along The Icknield Way for about a quarter of a mile.
- Go through gate on the right (image 12) and walk along hard stud road as straight as possible for about half a mile.
- Once through the gate at the end of the footpath (image 13) carefully cross the road and turn right.
- After about 500m you will come to the T junction near the Methodist church (image 14) where you will see The Elms on your right where you set out from.(image 15)
The route map for each of the walks are courtesy of www.openstreetmap.org