Woodditton Walk 1
Woodditton walk 1
- Start in Main Street Woodditton.
- Take a short walk in a westerly direction and go past the large white water tower (image 1).
- Enter and walk along Camois Hall Lane, past the riding school (image 2) through open farm gate (image 3) into meadows with horse paddocks on each side. There are old farm buildings on the left and a meadow with ancient trees on the right (image 4).
- Join a bridle way (image 5) and walk for about a mile with farmland and small fir woodlands on each side.
- Join a public road at Court Barns Farm with a large green shed (image 6) and concrete hard standing on the left.
- Walk about half a mile along the road uphill bearing left, up to a wooded area (image 7).
- Turn left and go up steps (image 8) to the top of Devil's Dyke.
- Walk for about a mile along the Dyke; this is the best section (image 9) of this ancient monument which has the highest bank and deepest ditch. This is mainly through wooded areas, but with some good views of the countryside (image 10).
- At the southern end turn right, take a short walk beside a field, then left across an arable field and past the rear of some house gardens (image 11).
- Join Stetchworth Road and turn left (image 12) past the white water tower and rejoin Main Street Woodditton.
The route map for each of the walks are courtesy of www.openstreetmap.org