Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all
Pleased to let you know that Kirtling and Upend Parish
are joining our Inter-Parish Footpaths Liaison Group, David Cudby
Why are we promoting ‘multi-parish’ walks and doing it through a website?
What does the website describe?
- In addition to giving route details and photographs we reveal facts about wildlife, historical interest and land use as well as the location of village shops and pubs
Who is it for?
- Local walkers, visiting walkers/ramblers, schools and pre-schools (as a resource), horse-riders, runners (and possibly cyclists) and to encourage health and recreational benefits. A range of walks of varying length and terrain are included.
What are our aims?
- Specifically, through the website we want to tell our audience about what they can experience and enjoy when using the walking maps at different times of the year.
- In addition to providing opportunities to exercise and relax in our beautiful countryside, after using the walking maps, we hope that we will have helped walkers to appreciate the pace of life in the country and that ...
- some things change very slowly, for example historical features
- land use changes in ways and at rates that reflect social, technological and economic factors
- flora and fauna change with the seasons and the cycles of life
The Parish Path Partnership (P3) is a long-standing arrangement between Cambridgeshire County Council, District Councils and participating Parishes to work together to maintain, improve and promote the Public Rights of Way Network.